We Saved You a Seat
We're a small startup with big ambitions: to become the place to connect with friends around the past. Whereas the current batch of social services focus on real-time, Timehop focuses on anniversaries and bringing meaning and relevancy to old content
Content gains value with time. Photographs become *more* meaningful and valuable with the passing of time. The average person now has digital photos and a social media history going back many years -- a comprehensive archive of their lives. People love reminiscing -- but that hasn't transferred over to a digital form. That's where we come in.We have a track record of building awesome products, backing from all the right investors, and a giant opportunity in front of us: a chance to define an entirely new product category. So far people love us. As a member of our small team, you'll have the opportunity to put your fingerprints all over the product and be a key part in how it grows and evolves.
We think years ahead, yet live in the past. Our office is a strange mix of futuristic technology and historic nintendo games (NHL '94 anyone?) with an air of excitement and humor. We're a tight knit team that's easy to get along with. We look forward to each day because we love what we do and we have serious fun doing it. You will too.
We do it all from the best city in the world, New York City. We have a beautiful office located in SoHo/Chinatown.
Lead Android Developer - February 2014
Have experience building polished, responsive android apps? Want to get involved with a fast growing early stage startup? Take the reins as our lead android developer and bring our core Timehop product to Android.
What You'll Do (hint: everything!)
- The entire gamut of android programming from data stores to networking to custom views and animations
- Drive strategy and architecture for the Android
- Reimagine Timehop for Android and bring this beloved iOS app to the rest of the world!
- Write fast, clean, readable code
- Work with an awesome team of 8 to brainstorm, prototype, and release awesome product improvements that turn Timehop in a massive success and a household name
Tools We Use
- git && Github
- TeamCity for CI
- Pivotal Tracker for planning and project management
- Memes for laughs
- Ruby on Rails, Go, Postres, DynamoDB, Redis
You should have 2+ years experience developing and releasing android apps into production from scratch. Sound good? Let's talk! Drop us a line and include a list of things you've built, a brief bio, and your online profiles (Github, Stackoverflow, personal website, etc).Drop us a line here →